Friday, December 5, 2008

Four Things To Start

Okay, so I've been inspired to start blogging about my family and adventures as a way to record all of the things that happen in and around my life. I thought that it would be appropriate to start with four thoughts today in honor of the title of my new blog.

1. Boices...
Kristen is sick with her first cold of the season, making her voice sound gravelly and rough. Monday night she comes into our room at 1:30 am and yells, "Mom, my boice is not working!". After my heart settled and I could breathe again, I dragged her to the bathroom and dosed her up with more Benedryl, as any good mom would do.

I love the mispronunciations of kids... maybe not so much at 1 am... but they always bring a smile to my face and give me a little insight to their world.

2. Waxing...
As I was sitting at the computer last night Facebooking, Nathan came up to me...
Nate: "Mom, you need to shave", pointing to my upper lip.
Thanks Nate, I'll get right on it.

3. Twilight...
I tried as hard as I could to avoid these books. Being a young adult librarian, it was a feat that I had lasted as long as I did. I wanted to read the first book before I saw the movie, so I picked up the book two weeks ago. I am now almost finished with book four of the saga. All I can say is...

Team Edward! He's sparkley.

4. Steffy Hall...
The moniker my twin godsons, Aiden and Riley (5), gave to me so that they can distinguish between me and their auntie Steffy.

No comments: